Ghyll Manor Hotel & Restaurant,
Back to Results
Development, Hotels and Guest Houses
- Located 6.3 miles to the west of Crawley and 7.4 miles from Gatwick Airport, the hotel is within commuting distance of both London and Brighton
- 17th Century Manor House built in 1678, with detached modern extensions
- Providing a total of 29 individually styled bedrooms, including 6 cottage suites with sitting rooms
- The Manor House accommodates 9 of the letting bedrooms, lounge, bar, restaurant, terrace room and conservatory
- 5 Wedding/Function rooms including Hunsdon Hall, 3 of which are licensed for Wedding Ceremonies
- Attractive formal gardens in a site of circa 7 acres with parking for 50+ cars
- Planning consent for the demolition of the stable block and construct single storey hotel accommodation: (Ref:DC/19/2498)
- Planning consent to convert 4 existing rooms into 8 rooms (Ref:DC/14/0502) - this consent has expired
Ghyll Manor is located on the High Street in the picturesque village of Rusper. Horsham is 4.8 miles (7.7km) to the south whilst Crawley and Gatwick are respectively 5.5 miles (8.8km) and 7.4 miles (11.9km) to the east, Dorking is 10.5 miles (16.8km) to the north. Junction 11 of the M23 is circa 6 miles (9.6km) to the south and the hotel is within commuting distance of both Brighton and London.
Central London 35 miles (56km)
Gatwick 7.4 miles (123km)
Central Brighton 25 miles (41km)
An elegant 17th century country house hotel and restaurant with wedding/function facilities set within substantial landscaped ground.
Potential for ongoing hotel/leisure use or other uses/redevelopment (STP)
Ghyll Manor is an attractive oak beamed Country House Hotel. Originally built as a private residence in the late 17th Century, it is set in approximately 7 acres of private grounds comprising, lawns, woodland, landscaped gardens, a lake and a summerhouse plus parking for over 50 cars.
The Manor House provides 9 of the 29 guest bedrooms. The remaining 20 bedrooms are located in the more modern mews annexe buildings and cottages, accessed through covered paved pathways.
In addition to the bar and restaurant, the hotel has the benefit of a number of function rooms to include Hunsdon Hall, wedding and event space, able to accommodate up to 120 guests.
A new Use Classes Order (UCO) came into effect on 1st September 2020. Under the new UCO a new Use Class E was introduced to cover commercial, business and service uses. Use Class E encompasses A1, A2, A3, B1 and some D1 and D2 uses under the former UCO. We therefore understand that the premises benefit from Class E 'Commercial Business and Service' use within the Use Classes Order 2020.
Interested parties should make their own planning enquiries and satisfy themselves in this regard.
Rents and prices are quoted exclusive of, but may be subject to VAT.
Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred.
The freehold interest in the property is offered for sale with the benefit of vacant possession to include fixtures and fittings. The hotel has been closed. Price on application.
Rateable Value / Council Tax Band
Rateable Value (2017): £117,500.
Energy Performance Rating
An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is available upon request.