Commercial Property Manager at Flude Property Consultants - Sussex & Hampshire
Due to the expansion of our property management department we are now looking to recruit a further property manager to join the Brighton team.
The position is open to applicants with preferably Associate or Membership level with RICS with a proven track record in commercial property management, or alternatively a graduate looking to progress their career in this field and complete their APC.
The portfolio to be managed may include a small percentage of residential property therefore experience in this area would be beneficial although not compulsory. Consideration for the role would also be given to experienced residential block managers looking to transition into the commercial sector.
The successful candidate would be expected to take over the management of an existing established mainly commercial portfolio, although a full briefing of the various client’s requirements would be provided to ensure a smooth transition into this role.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for career development within a well-established and respected regional practice of Chartered Surveyors and commercial property advisers.
The Role and Duties
This will include the following:
- Preparing client reports on the property management service and regular formal reporting to clients, including the collation of reports and figures from other personnel within the firm
- Management of rental and other income including prioritizing and coordinating the efforts of our credit control team chasing arrears
- Support and assistance to clients in connection with value enhancement opportunities including rent review, letting and lease renewal programmes, drawing in resources from other elements of the firm and liaising with client's agents, solicitors and other consultants where appropriate
- Dealing with tenant applications for consent to assign, sublet and alter
- Undertaking or arranging property inspections, ensuring tenants’ compliance with lease obligations.
- Ensuring the integrity of data on the property management systems and that appropriate hard and soft data and file management procedures are in place
- Preparation of budgets and administration of service charge income and expenditure and overseeing the preparation of year-end accounts
- Ensuring client monies are looked after in accordance with best practice and the RICS clients’ money regulations
- Dealing with insurance brokers in relation to annual portfolio renewals and with our accounts team on premium recharges
- Overseeing the provision of common services to properties and tenants, ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and other legislation and regulations
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required
Desired Skills and Experience
The person must be prepared to take on overall responsibility for the properties they manage and have the following skills and attributes:
- Proven work experience in the commercial property management sector
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- The ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently
- Understanding of lease structure principles in practice
- Proven service charge management knowledge
- Strong written communication skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- High level of numeracy and experience working with excel
- Experience with Tramps, Qube or similar property management and accounting systems
- Good computer literacy and experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Commercial flair enabling the identification and capitalisation on other fee earning opportunities in order to ensure the department operates profitably and maximises cross-selling opportunities with other elements of the firm
- Accuracy, diligence and attention to detail
- Good organisational and planning skills, and the ability to multi-task
- Good problem-solving skills, and the ability to think laterally
- Full clean driving license
To reflect the candidate's experience
- Car expenses
- Pension Scheme Membership (after probationary period)
- Performance related profit bonus
- 27 days' holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Professional Development/CPD
- RICS membership fees
How to Apply
If you would like to apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Roger Woudman at email@example.com.