An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as an Office Accounts Administrator within our head office in central Brighton. The position would suit an enthusiastic and conscientious person who has exceptional numeracy and organisation skills with previous experience using accounting software.
We are looking to appoint a qualified bookkeeper who has a good working knowledge of Sage and Xero accounts. You will be reporting directly to Amanda Flude (Group Accounts Administrator). Your duties will include the following:
- Managing the companies’ accounts on a daily basis for the Group’s Portsmouth and Chichester offices and Rating business
- Inputting customer and supplier invoices
- Setting up supplier payments for authorisation
- Diarising and assisting the meeting of deadlines for payment of suppliers
- Liaising with surveyors and administration staff as required to produce customer invoices
- Reconciling the companies bank accounts
- Producing management accounts
- Administering petty cash and credit card accounts for the offices
- Credit control;- chasing arrears in writing and on the phone, liaising with the surveyors as required
- To assist with other areas of the business as and when required
You must be prepared to take on responsibility and have the following skills and attributes:
- High level of numeracy and practical experience working with Sage, Xero and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good inter-personal skills and work well with clients and other members of the team
AAT Level 3 minimum, or proven track record
To reflect the candidate's experience
- Pension Scheme Membership (after probationary period)
- 27 days' holiday, plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata)
This position is open to applicants seeking a part-time position (2-3 days per week).
How to Apply
If you would like to apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Annie Roebuck at email@example.com.