Professional Services Surveyor at Flude Property Consultants - Sussex
Due to the expansion of our portfolio of instructions, we are creating a new position within our Brighton professional team.
The role is open to MRICS qualified applicants. 2+ years PQE is preferred but not essential.
This appointment will offer an exciting opportunity for career development within a well-established and respected regional practice of Chartered Surveyors.
You will be joining an organisation with an excellent reputation, who value their employees and therefore have excellent staff retention. Outstanding career progression opportunities are available whilst working within a supportive team environment.
Based at our Brighton Office, the successful candidate will be passionate about the property industry as a whole, and able to promote the firm's professional services as well as taking on a wide discipline of tasks as part of the professional services team. This role includes the processing of Red Book valuation instructions within the region, together with a Landlord and Tenant caseload of rent reviews and lease renewals/re-gears for landlord and tenant clients.
Operating across the office, industrial and retail sectors - including owner-occupied property, investments and developments - the workload will incorporate inspecting/referencing properties, writing reports, negotiating rents and values, liaison with clients and their professional advisers, together with cross selling property services where appropriate.
You will have a full UK driving licence, strong analytical skills, the required level of technical knowledge and well-developed report writing abilities. We will expect you to be able to take ownership of the work produced, be able to fully participate in internal debates and discussions about valuation and market conditions; and a desire to develop high level client relationship skills.
You will also have a commercial flair, enabling the identification and capitalisation on other fee earning opportunities in order to ensure the department operates profitably and maximises cross-selling opportunities with other elements of the firm.
You are a qualified MRICS Surveyor. You will need to have experience in the areas of commercial property valuation and lease advisory. RICS Registered Valuer status is desirable, although we can support you towards registration if necessary.
- High level of numeracy and experience working with Excel
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to think laterally
- Good organisational, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good computer literacy and experience using Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Accuracy, diligence and attention to detail
- Team player with leadership potential
- Ability to nurture external clients and contacts
- Results driven with the ability to move between tasks quickly
To reflect the candidate's experience.
- Car expenses
- Pension Scheme Membership (after probationary period)
- Performance related profit bonus
- 27 days' holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Professional Development/CPD
- RICS membership fees
How to Apply
If you would like to apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Edward Flude at email@example.com.